These are the squid rings for Eka girl. She expressly requested squid. She could've asked for anything but she asked for squid. We were only too happy to oblige her. And since she's Jakartan, I had to make sure that the squid was hot enough to suit her palate. She loved this appetizer. It must be the garlic powder....
1 kg squid, sliced
1 cup cornstarch
5 pcs green chilis
1) Mix the cornstarch, garlic powder (to taste), some salt, and a pinch of black pepper.
2) Dredge the squid slices in this cornstarch mixture.
3) Heat oil. (For deep frying)
4) When oil is very hot, drop the squid slices. Be careful to lift out the squid slices since the squid gets rubbery when overcooked.
5) Set aside the squid slices.
6) In another pan, saute some garlic and green chili. When garlic turns a little brown, add the cooked squid slices.